Looking for an inexpensive, yet healthy meal? Try the incredibly simple Amish One-Pan Ground Beef and Cabbage from SmileSandwich.
- 1 lb. – grass-fed Ground Beef
- 1 – Onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 – head Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Tbs. – Butter
- 1 – clove Garlic, minced
- 1 – diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz. can)
- 1 – Tomato sauce (8 oz. can)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pan, brown ground beef.
- Add onion and continue cooking until translucent. (Drain extra fat if needed, or leave it and don’t use butter.)
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add butter, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to the pan and combine.
- Cover and simmer about 20-30 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
- Serve hot!
Inspired in whole or in part by SmileSandwich.